Dubai is perfect for visiting any time of the year. There are tourist spots specially curated to make both seasons, summer and winter in Dubai, a fun-filled experience for all. Based on your preferences in the types of places, the best time of year to visit Dubai can vary and be chosen accordingly.
Seasons in Dubai
Dubai has a desert climate with hot days and cold nights. Dubai’s seasons are distinctly summer and winter. There are activities and tourist attractions in Dubai that are fitting for both seasons.
- Summer in Dubai is likely from May to September. The month of October is the transition period from summer to winter
- Dubai’s winter season is ideally from November to March. April marks the early beginning of summer.
Tourist Seasons in Dubai
In accordance with the climate, Dubai tourism is also fitted into the most comfortable periods of the summer and winter seasons.
The following are the months that most travel agencies suggest and most tourists prefer to visit Dubai:
Peak Season – November to March
The period between November to March is the most preferred, most advertised, and the best time of the year to visit Dubai. This is primarily because of the more bearable climate that the winters bring and because of the annual Dubai shopping festival.
It is also the most crowded month in Dubai, making the hotel and flight prices higher than usual. The average temperature during the daytime in these months is between 17°C and 30°C. The most comfortable climate to explore Dubai is during these months.
» Events in Dubai from November to March
- Dubai design week in November
- National day for UAE – 2nd December
- International film festivals in December
- Dubai shopping festival
- Dubai Marathon
- New year celebrations
- World rugby series
- Dubai desert challenge
- Music and Jazz festivals
Shoulder Season – September, October, April, March
The transition months that allow summer and winter to interchange are the shoulder seasons as the climate is in between the extremities of summer and winter in Dubai. September to October and April to March are the transition months in Dubai.
» Events in Dubai during the Transition Months
- Dubai food festival in April
- International dance festival
- Music festivals in September
- Camel racing season in October
Off-Season – June to August
The summer season in Dubai is least preferred by tourists because of the harsh heat. But this results in cheaper Dubai flights being available during these periods. Dubai still offers the best versions of itself with indoor entertainment, nightlife, cruises, and festivals, though lesser in number and frequency during the summer, not less in its grandeur.
» Events in Dubai during the Off-Season
- Dubai summer festivals
Winter Activities in Dubai
Winters in Dubai have an average temperature of 25°C. Winters are ideally the best time of the year to visit Dubai. It is during these months that most events, festivals, and iconic celebrations are hosted.
Here’s a list of some of the things to do in Dubai during the winter season:
- Dubai Shopping Festival – the annual festival is one of the top tourist attractions, with all kinds of shops and food outlets.
- New Year’s Eve – extravagant firework shows are organized with performances and specially themed laser shows.
- Sightseeing Tours – group tours on open double-decker buses to showcase all of Dubai’s best architecture and tourist attractions.
- Ferrari World – the Ferrari-themed park with the fastest roller coaster attractions, is designed for adrenaline junkies.
- Dubai Miracle Gardens – the garden houses more than 150 million flower plants across an area of 72,000 square meters.
- Ain Dubai Observation Wheel – comfortably spend a 360 view of Dubai from the tallest observation wheel that lights up at night.
- Desert Activities – safaris, camping, sandboarding, dune crashing, hot air balloon tours, and more are possible with the winter climate, making the desert heat bearable.
- SkyDiving and Zip-Lining – people fly in from everywhere to experience the safety of skydiving in Dubai. Other adventure sports are the zip-lines that stretch through the skyscrapers.
- Water Sports – fishing tours, yacht rides, wakeboarding, para surfing, paragliding, sea breacher rides, and more can be found at the beaches of Dubai.
- Helicopter Tour – take the city from a different perspective with the helicopter tours around the city.
- All the best and iconic sports and art events take place in the winter months from November to March in Dubai.
- The Dubai shopping festival takes place during this period. The Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF) is one of the top tourist events hosted by the DFRE (Dubai Festivals & Retail Establishment) under the Dubai Department of Tourism. It has been claimed to be the best reason to visit Dubai and as one of the best tourist destinations in Dubai.
- The climate is perfect for outdoor activities.
- The Dubai flight and hotel rates are likely to be higher due to the high in-flow of tourists.
- The tourist spots will be crowded.
The events and festivals scheduled by the tourism department during the Dubai winters are numerous. The Dubai flights are packed with people from around the globe for the various arts, sports, and shopping events that take place.
Summer Activities in Dubai
The temperature during Summers in Dubai can range from 23°C to 36°C. Dubai’s summers last from late April to September, reaching their peak heat during June, July, and August.
Here’s a list of summer activities in Dubai:
- Atlantis Aqua Venture Water Park – the place has almost 65,000 aqua animals, including dolphins. The shows and underwater pathways are places that you should not miss.
- Wild Wadi Waterpark – beat the heat with the traditional water theme park with slides, pools, and fountains, but themed with Arabic folklore about the Juha.
- IMG World of Adventure – if outdoor fun is not your thing, get yourself acquainted with the indoor theme park experience, complete with an indoor rollercoaster.
- Ski Dubai – the climate is always cold in this indoor ski park with slopes, climbing walls, and penguins to complete the experience.
- Chillout Ice Lounge – the idea of having a forever winter, even in the heat of summer, is brought to life with a top star restaurant and hangout spot that stimulates a perfect igloo experience in the middle of a desert.
- Dubai Ice Rink – relax and overcome the Dubai summers in the Olympic size skating rink. Get your travel agency to book your tickets for DJ nights, disco parties, ice hockey events, and more.
- The Green Planet – experience a literal oasis in the middle of the desert. Gaze at tropical plants and animals in an enclosed and temperature-controlled setting that transports you to another place.
- Dubai Creek – take a pleasant boat trip along the breezy saltwater creek, enjoy the street performances, cuisines, and high view of the Burj Khalifa.
- Magic Planet – the indoor park with trampoline rooms, video games, and other stimulating entertainment can keep kids and adults busy for an entire day.
- iFly Dubai – if you are a thrill seeker wishing to learn the basics of skydiving, spend an entire day with professionals in indoor simulators, practicing the art of controlled flying.
- Madame Tussauds – visit the famous wax museum and click pictures with your favorite celebrities.
- Dubai Fountain – experience the glory of the Dubai fountain and take boat trips through it to capture its complete essence. Get your travel consultant to get you the dates of laser shows and other events of the Dubai fountain.
- Scuba Diving in Dubai – there are multiple diving centers that can give both training and reef exploration tours along the beaches of Dubai.
- Shopping and Nightlife – tickle the shopper in you by visiting all the top-tier air-conditioned malls and clubs at night. Sensation Club, Boudoir, and Muscovites night lounge are some of the many nightclubs that keep you occupied during your nights in Dubai.
- Yacht Tours and Cruise Ships – get yourself onto one of the luxury cruises and dwindle away the night in serene beach views, great food, and performances.
- During summer season; Dubai flights are much cheaper than in the winter. Most tour packages from travel agencies would recommend the winter season due to its pleasant climate. But the high crowd flow during that period results in costlier flight tickets and hotels in the winter.
- Dubai offers several incredible shopping malls, indoor activities, stimulating settings, and more for tourists to enjoy.
- The indoor facilities are air-conditioned with advanced temperature control settings that make you forget the outside heat.
- Summer days in Dubai can get hot, humid, and unpleasant for most people.
- Exploring the outdoors in Dubai during the summer months is not advisable for people who are sensitive to the heat.
- One major drawback of visiting Dubai during the summer is that some outdoor activities are likely to be restricted in case of sandstorms, heatwaves, or high temperatures.
If you can handle a little heat and choose to stick to the indoor attractions, the Summer season in Dubai is the cheapest option and the best time to go to Dubai.
DUBAI EXPO 2021
Another reason you need to consider treating yourself to a great trip to Dubai as the year comes to an end is because of the Dubai Expo 2021 that is taking place for the next six months.
The Dubai Expo 2021 is a collaborative event packed with activities, live performances, immersive exhibits and displays, shops, food outlets, and more. If you would like to not miss this event, visiting Dubai in the next few months would be the right decision.
- The Dubai Expo 2021 is arranged for a duration of six months, beginning on the 1st of October 2021 and is scheduled till 31st March 2022.
- The brilliant design of the Dubai Expo 2021, its affordable ticket packages, and exciting reviews make it an unmissable event. Any time till 31st March 2022 would be the best time to visit Dubai in 2021 and 2022.
- There are 190 countries participating with their own exhibits, showcasing their culture, their nation’s prestigious architecture, art, and nature, as well as their ambitions and hopes for the future.
- Embracing themes like “connecting minds, creating the future” and sub-themes like “sustainability, opportunity and mobility”, the Dubai Expo 2021 needs to be on your bucket list. The entire event stretches across a 4.38 km setup.
- Dubai Expo 2021 is perfectly scheduled in winters with perfect weather conditions and easy accessibility as it is situated close to the airport.
In a Nutshell
Dubai has everything to beckon travelers from around the globe. Although the ideal time to visit is during the winter season, since the weather conditions are ideal to enjoy the authentic flavors of the palmy hub, there is so much to explore even during the summers.
The heat engulfs the streets of Dubai but that doesn’t stop the natives from holding various festivals to indulge travelers during the scorching heat. Moreover, you can keep your budget in check with the reduced flight and hotel rates during the off-season.
If you haven’t already booked your flight to Dubai, then you shouldn’t delay it anymore.